How to Secure Your Snowmobile
Always lock your snowmobile, whether you are transporting it on a trailer or in the back of a truck bed. The Kryptonite chain is placed around a fixed, immovable object and through the frame of the snowmobile to prevent against lift-away theft. When you are securing your snowmobile out on the trails, beware of locking to items that can be easily cut or broken such as small trees, wooden posts and chain link fences. Your sled is only as secure as the item you are locking it to so make sure it is firmly anchored to the ground.
Helpful lock-up tips:
- Don’t lock your snowmobile in the same location all the time – thieves notice patterns
- Thieves go for the easiest target: lock in a location where there are other vehicles if you have the option
- When riding on the trails, locking two or more sleds together is an optional lock-up
- Do not lock your front skis as these are removable
- Always secure accessories, especially those that can be easily removed like helmets and jackets.
Snowmobile Lock-up Options – Kryptonite’s Product Offering for Snowmobiles.